The Kornati consist of a natural labyrinth of eighty-nine islands, islets and rocks on the total surface of the park of 216.78 km². It is located in the central part of the Croatian Adriatic, less than an hour’s drive from Zadar. The sea is very clear and extremely transparent because the light penetrates deeply, creating a specific habitat for fish and various types of very beautiful corals. Most of the Kornati islands have been declared a national park due to the preserved nature and the rich marine ecosystem.
Telašćica Nature Park consists of Telašćica bay, which is the largest and safest natural Adriatic port, cliffs up to 200 m above the sea and descends to a depth of 90 m and salty lake Mir.Telašćica Bay is located in the central part of the eastern coast of the Adriatic Sea, in the southeastern part of the island of Dugi otok. It is surrounded by 13 islands and islets and contains 6 islands within the bay. It is one of the favorite destinations of good dolphins and because of its outstanding beauty and richness in the plant and animal world, Telašćica bay is an unavoidable place to visit if you come near.
Saharun is a spacious sandy beach 800 m long situated on the northwest coast of the island of Dugi otok. The dark green color of the pines, the tiny white glittering sand and the turquoise color make this bay one of the most beautiful in the world. Saharun is a beach you just have to visit to witness its magic beauty.
THE MILITARY NAVAL TUNELS LONG ISLAND
The military naval tunnels represent a historical attraction that is worth visiting. They were built by the Yugoslav People’s Army as a shelter for the war fleet. On Dugi Otok (Long Island) between the villages of Dragove and Božava there are three tunnels. The depth of the sea is around 6 m along the whole length of the tunnel and they are 12 m high. The three tunnels were never finished because of the war that broke out in 1991.
THE LIGHTHOUSE IN VELI RAT
The lighthouse in Veli rat was built in 1849, it is 42 meters high and today it is the highest lighthouse on the Adriatic. Its impresiveness is owed to the yellow facade, in which, according to the legend, 100 000 yolks were used to get the yellow color. The Chapel of St. Nicholas, the protector of seafarers, is located in the courtyard of the lighthouse, where a Roman Missal from 1869 is preserved.